This webinar series will discuss concrete pit maintenance and construction, truss management, roof and moisture management, and other repair and maintenance issues that can help protect the building and extend its life. The webinars will also cover a new way of making clean air enter into the attic space to minimize pit ventilated gases from entering the attic during periods of minimum ventilation during winter months. Maintenance and repair methods for concrete slats to help enhance their usable life will also be covered.
Who should participate?
- Livestock producers
- Livestock building owners and contractors
- Engineers and building designers
- Anyone interested in swine building maintenance
Program and schedule
Registration includes all five sessions.
It is your concrete pit as well
August 19, 2020 – 1:00 PM CDT - 2:00 PM CDT
Paul Petitti, environmental engineer, Iowa Department of Natural Resources
Maintenance of concrete pits and what to look for
August 21, 2020 – 1:00 PM CDT - 2:00 PM CDT
Kris Kohl, Extension agricultural engineering field specialist, Iowa State University Extension and Outreach
Gable end attic air intakes for roof and moisture management
August 24, 2020 – 1:00 PM CDT - 2:00 PM CDT
Kapil Arora, Extension agricultural engineering field specialist, Iowa State University Extension and Outreach
Building truss management
August 28, 2020 – 1:00 PM CDT - 2:00 PM CDT
Shawn Shouse, Extension agricultural engineering field specialist, Iowa State University Extension and Outreach
Each session runs 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm, central daylight time.
- Wednesday, August 19, 2020
- Friday, August 21, 2020
- Monday, August 24, 2020
- Wednesday, August 26, 2020
- Friday, August 28, 2020
This webinar series is delivered through Zoom. Requirements are a computer or mobile device with internet access and sound.
Computer - You may join the meeting through your web browser or the Zoom Client for Meetings desktop app, which is a free download.
Mobile device - Download and install the Zoom Mobile app from the app store for your device. This is a free app.
Additional instructions and links to join the training will be emailed to registered attendees prior to the first webinar.
Presented in collaboration with
Prior to midnight August 17, 2020
Registration includes all 5 webinar sessions.
Registration and payment are completed online with credit card. Mail or phone registrations are not accepted.
- Pre-registration and payment are required to participate. Payment must be completed by midnight, August 17, 2020.
- Requests for refunds must be received prior to midnight, August 17, 2020. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel your registration and receive a refund.
- Confirmation of registration is sent via email. Please provide a valid email address when registering.
- Zoom connection instructions, link and password for joining each webinar will be emailed prior to the start of each session. If you do not receive connection instructions prior to 5:00 pm the day prior to the session first check your junk or spam folders, then contact email@example.com for assistance.
For questions regarding this webinar series or a specific session, contact an Extension agricultural engineering field specialist.
For assistance with registration or questions on using Zoom to access this course please contact ANR Program Services at (515) 294-9487 or firstname.lastname@example.org.