Iowa State University Extension and Outreach, with support from the Iowa Certified Crop Advisers Board, has developed and is now offering an online review course for individuals taking the Iowa CCA Examination. This course is offered exclusively online - there is no live, classroom component. See the requirements section for additional technology requirements.
This course is divided into 4 main topics: Crop Management, Pest Management, Nutrient Management, and Soil and Water Management. Each topic is further divided into several subtopics. All presentations are available in PDF format for printing which may be helpful for note taking. Each presentation also has an accompanying practice quiz. Quizzes are made up of up to 10 random questions from that particular presentation. Quizzes may be attempted up to 3 times. Supplemental materials will provide access to additional information supporting that topic area. The course also includes a practice exam covering all topics. The practice exam may be attempted 3 times.
The official Iowa Certified Crop Adviser exam is offered twice a year; February and August. Registration for the exam is handled by the National CCA Organization.
Registration period for the exam is April 23, 2018 - June 22, 2018.
>> Exam registration information <<
You do not have to be registered for the exam to complete this online course. Purchase of this course does not include exam registration. Exam registration is not handled by Iowa State University.
Access to this course is limited to a single examination period and will end the day following the Iowa Certified Crop Adviser exam. Course participants may retake the online review course by re-registering with a 50% discount on registration fees.
Course fee: $100
Please complete registration online using a VISA, MasterCard or Discover as payment. Registrations will not be accepted by phone.
A valid email address is required for registration and access to this course. Following successful registration you will receive an email message with payment receipt and instructions on account setup and course access.
For assistance with registration, receipts, billing, or questions on the status of your registration contact ANR Program Services at (515) 294-6429 or email@example.com.
For technical assistance with the Moodle eCourse system and account creation please call 515-294-8658 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions regarding the CCA program and course content please contact Bob Hartzler, Extension weed specialist and course chairperson, at (515) 294-1164 or email@example.com.
Important: If you do NOT receive an email with access instructions following successful registration please check your junk or spam mail folder. If you cannot locate the message contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Your registration confirmation email will contain instructions on setting up an account on the eCourse system and your access code for this course. This is a one-time process.
- Valid email address
- A recent computer (within past 5 years) with a web browser and a connection to the internet. The course is not accessible offline or without a live connection.
- Connected speakers
- A printer if you wish to print out the PDF versions of the presentations.
- The Flash Player browser plug-in is needed to view the presentations. If you don't have Flash Player, you may download it for free.
- Adobe Reader: To open pdf documents including worksheets and publications, you need Adobe Reader. If you don’t have Adobe Reader, you may download a free copy.
- Mobile devices: the Flash-based presentations of the course are not available on iOS devices such as iPads. All other materials including quizzes, PDF files and supplemental materials remain available. For the best experience a desktop or laptop computer is recommended.