Review Course for Certified Crop Adviser Examination
Online, self-paced study course for the Iowa CCA examination
Iowa State University Extension and Outreach, with support from the Iowa Certified Crop Advisers Board, has developed and is now offering an online review course for individuals taking the Iowa CCA Examination. This course is offered exclusively online - there is no live, classroom component. See the requirements section for additional technology requirements.
This course is divided into 4 main topics: Crop Management, Pest Management, Nutrient Management, and Soil and Water Management. Each topic is further divided into several subtopics. All presentations are available in PDF format for printing which may be helpful for note taking. Each presentation also has an accompanying practice quiz. Quizzes are made up of up to 10 random questions from that particular presentation. Quizzes may be attempted up to 3 times. Supplemental materials will provide access to additional information supporting that topic area. The course also includes a practice exam covering all topics. The practice exam may be attempted 3 times.
The official Iowa Certified Crop Adviser exam is offered twice a year; February and August. Registration for the exam is handled by the National CCA Organization.
Registration period for the exam is October 1, 2018 - December 14, 2018.
Exam registration is not handled by Iowa State University.
You do not have to be registered for the exam to complete this online course. Purchase of this course does not include exam registration..
Access to this course is limited to a single examination period and will end the day following the Iowa Certified Crop Adviser exam.
Course registration fee
Repeat registration if you've purchased the course for an earlier exam period. Subject to verification.
A valid email address is required for registration and access to this course. You must supply an email when registering to receive access to the course.
Your registration confirmation email will contain instructions on setting up an account on the eCourse system and your access code for this course. This is a one-time process.
Important: If you do NOT receive a confirmation email with access instructions following successful registration please check your junk or spam mail folder. If you cannot locate the message contact email@example.com for assistance.
- Valid email address
- A recent computer (within past 5 years) with a web browser and a connection to the internet. The course is not accessible offline or without a live connection.
- Connected speakers
- A printer if you wish to print out the PDF versions of the presentations.
- The Flash Player browser plug-in is needed to view the presentations. If you don't have Flash Player, you may download it for free.
- Adobe Reader: To open pdf documents including worksheets and publications, you need Adobe Reader. If you don’t have Adobe Reader, you may download a free copy.
- Mobile devices: the Flash-based presentations of the course are not available on iOS devices such as iPads. All other materials including quizzes, PDF files and supplemental materials remain available. For the best experience a desktop or laptop computer is recommended.
For assistance with registration, receipts, billing, or questions on the status of your registration contact ANR Program Services at (515) 294-6429 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical assistance with the Moodle eCourse system and account creation please call 515-294-8658 or email: email@example.com
For questions regarding the CCA program and course content please contact Bob Hartzler, Extension weed specialist and course chairperson, at (515) 294-1164 or firstname.lastname@example.org.