February 6 – 7, 2018
Registration - $100
Registration deadline is midnight, January 30, 2018. Space is limited and pre-registration is required.
Hansen Agricultural Student Learning Center
2508 Mortensen Road, Ames, Iowa 50011 | Google map
Topics and agenda
- body condition scoring
- ration balancing formulation
- proper semen handling demonstration
- antibiotic usage in cowherd
- troubleshooting dystocia issues
- planning for calf size
- newborn calf processing
- calf health and management
- exploring alternatives in the cowherd
- record keeping
- BQA certification
- Taylor Grussing, SDSU Cow-Calf Extension Field Specialist
- David Bruene, ISU Beef Teaching Farm Manager
- Dr. Chris Clark, ISU Beef Extension Field Specialist
- Joe Sellers, ISU Beef Extension Field Specialist
- Dr. Tyler Dohlman, ISU Professor of Vet Diagnostic & Production Animal Science
- Marshall Ruble, ISU Hansen Center director and former Beef Teaching Farm Manager
- Dr. Grant Dewell, beef veterinarian, Iowa State University Extension and Outreach
- Erika Lundy, extension beef program specialist, Iowa Beef Center
Print a registration form.
Register by mail
Registrations are not accepted by phone. Please use the link above to register using a credit card or mail a completed registration form with check payment.
Registration includes course notebook, handouts, and meals listed on the course program.
Registrations must be received by midnight, January 30, 2018. Pre-registration is required to attend this course.
Cancellations requesting a refund must be received prior to midnight, January 30, 2018. To cancel your registration please call (515) 294-6429 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. A refund will be issued within 7 days.
Dates and times:
Registration check-in begins at noon on Tuesday, February 6, 2018. The program begins at 12:30 pm. The course will adjourn at 5:00 pm on Wednesday, February 7, 2018.
Lodging is the responsibility of the student and not included in registration fees. There are many facilities in Ames and numerous within an easy drive of the Hansen Center.
For a complete listing of area hotels and information on each, please visit the Ames Convention and Visitor's Bureau lodging page.
Registration receipts are sent via email. Please provide a valid email address when registering.
For assistance with registration, receipts, cancellation or questions on the status of your registration contact Program Services at (515) 294-6429 or email@example.com.