Hands-on program designed for feedlot managers and employees to enhance management skills.
July 31 – August 2, 2018
Hansen Agricultural Student Learning Center
2508 Mortensen Road, Ames, Iowa 50011 | Google map
- Bunk management and the basics of starting cattle on feed
- Feed mixing demonstration and evaluation
- Managing and identifying cattle health issues in the feedlot and confinement
- Beef Quality Assurance (BQA) certification
- Dr. Chris Clark, Extension Beef Field Specialist, Iowa State University Extension and Outreach
- Bill Couser, Couser Cattle Company, Nevada, Iowa
- Dr. Garland Dahlke, assistant scientist, Iowa Beef Center, Iowa State University
- Dr. Grant Dewell, beef veterinarian, Iowa State University Extension and Outreach
- Dr. Terry Engelken, associate professor, Vet Diagnostic and Production Animal Medicine, Iowa State University
- Dr. Jenna Funk, post-doctoral research associate, Vet Diagnostic and Production Animal Medicine, Iowa State University
- Dr. Dan Loy, director of the Iowa Beef Center, Iowa State University
- Erika Lundy, extension beef program specialist, Iowa Beef Center
- Dr. Robbi Pritchard, feedlot consultant, Aurora, South Dakota
- Dr. Dan Thomson, professor of production medicine, Kansas State University
Approval is pending for the Feedlot Short Course for up to 16 continuing education units (CEUs) by the American Registry of Professional Animal Scientists (ARPAS)
Print a registration form.
Register by mail
Registrations are not accepted by phone. Please use the link above to register using a credit card or mail a completed registration form with check payment.
Registration includes transportation between designated hotel and course locations and meals listed on the agenda.
Registrations must be received by midnight, July 24, 2018. Pre-registration is required to attend this course. Space is limited and if the course if filled registration will be closed.
Cancellations requesting a refund must be received prior to midnight, July 24, 2018. To cancel your registration please call (515) 294-6429 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. A refund will be issued within 7 days.
Dates and times:
Registration check-in begins at 12:30 pm on Tuesday, July 31, 2018. The program begins at 1:00 pm. The course will adjourn at noon on Thursday, August 2, 2018.
Overnight accommodations are the responsibility of the course attendee. A block of rooms is available at the Sleep Inn and Suites, 1310 Dickinson Ave, Ames, IA, (515) 337-1171. Transportation will be provided between the Sleep Inn and course locations.
Registration receipts are sent via email. Please provide a valid email address when registering.
For assistance with registration, receipts, cancellation or questions on the status of your registration contact Program Services at (515) 294-6429 or email@example.com.