Providing hands-on diagnostic training for crop production and protection professionals since 1987.
The Field Extension Education Laboratory, or FEEL, is a 23-acre teaching and demonstration facility dedicated to providing a hands-on learning experience for crop production professionals. This facility is used for demonstration projects used in a variety of programs held throughout the summer months. In these plots we can show a wide range of management problems, solutions, and diagnostic challenges. Modern, air-conditioned classroom facilities complement the in-field sessions, all of which are within walking distance.
Each of the instructors at FEEL is a subject-matter specialist familiar with crops, soils, or pest problems throughout Iowa. Small classes offer each participant ample opportunity for discussion with instructors. Participants sharpen troubleshooting skills and evaluate management strategies through direct experience with actual crop problems.
FEEL will help you become technically strong in all areas of crop production and protection - not just in your specialty.
2017 Educational Programs
- May 16 - Crop Scouting Field Basics
- July 12 - Field Diagnostic Clinic
- July 13 - Mid-season Crop Management Clinic
- July 31 - Crop Scouting Competition for Iowa Youth
- August 3 - Managing Palmer Amaranth in Conservation Plantings
- August 16 - Crop Disease Clinic
- August 17 - Crop Insect and Soybean Cyst Nematode Clinic
For more information about FEEL programs please contact Warren Pierson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (515) 509-8308.