Crop Disease Clinic
Wednesday, August 16, 2017
Registration check-in opens at 8:30 am and the program begins at 9:00 am. The clinic concludes at 4:00 pm.
$125 registration fee. Registration deadline is midnight, August 9, 2017
Field Extension Education Laboratory
1928 240th Street, Boone, Iowa | map link
- Improve knowledge of corn and soybean disease identification and biology
- Understand the principles of Integrated Pest Management and research-based recommendations for Iowa corn and soybean production
- Provide hands-on experiences with identification of common corn and soybean diseases
- This workshop is open to anyone that wants to learn more about corn and soybean disease management, particularly crop consultants, agronomists or farmers.
- This qualifies for 6.0 pest management credits for Certified Crop Advisers, subject to board approval.
- The course is intended for individuals 18 years of age and older.
The workshop is a combination of classroom presentation, discussion and in-field demonstrations and activities. All demonstrations are within short walking distance of the classroom facility. Students should dress appropriately for field activities and changing weather conditions. All demonstrations subject to growing conditions and insect availability.
|8:30 am||Registration check-in, morning refreshments|
|9:00||Disease ID and diagnostic basics – bring in your own diseased plants and we will talk about diagnosing these plants. Additional samples will also be provided.|
|11:00||Research updates with post-docs and graduate students – What are the current research topics and results?|
|12:00 pm||Lunch (provided)|
|12:45||Corn Diseases – walk through the plots and discuss the diseases that are present, when and where to look in the canopy, and appropriate treatment options|
|2:30||Soybean diseases - walk through the plots and discuss the diseases that are present, when and where to look in the canopy, and appropriate treatment options|
Cost: $125. Includes workshop materials, publications, lunch and refreshments.
Date: August 16, 2017
Time: check-in begin at 8:30 am. The program starts at 9:00 am and concludes at 4:00 pm.
Location: FEEL, 1928 240th St, Boone, IA
Printable directions and map.
Deadline: midnight, August 9, 2017
Pre-registration is required to attend.
Cancellation: To cancel your registration please call (515) 294-6429 or email email@example.com. Cancellations requesting a refund must be received prior to midnight, August 9, 2017.
Confirmation: registration receipts are sent via email. Please provide a valid email address when registering.
For assistance with registration, receipts, cancellation or questions on the status of your registration contact Program Services at (515) 294-6429 or firstname.lastname@example.org.