The Department of Animal Science, Beef Teaching Farm, and Iowa Beef Center at Iowa State University recognize the value of that forages and grasslands bring to cow-calf producers and the Iowa landscape. The Fencing and Grazing Clinic will feature a combination of classroom instruction and hands-on demonstrations showing new fencing technology, farm tours, and programs and resources to help producers make the most of their grazing season.
- Provide opportunity for hands-on learning of fencing materials currently on the market
- Increase management skills of traditional and nontraditional grazing systems
- Expose producers to current and ongoing grazing research
- Learn from peers and local graziers
- Iowa fencing laws
- New tools available in fencing
- Programs and resources to help with your grazing plan
- ISU research update including annual forages, swath grazing, and paddock renovation
- Experienced graziers producer panel
|Thursday, June 17, 2021|
Check-in and registration - ISU Beef Teaching Farm
|9:00 am||Welcome and introductory comments - Dan Thomson, professor and department chair, Animal Science, Iowa State University|
|9:30 am||Programs to Help Your Grazing Plan – Stacy Prassas, Natural Resource Conservation Services|
|New Tools in Fencing – Brad Cochran, Gallagher|
|9:30 AM||ISU Grazing Research – David Bruene, ISU Beef Teaching Farm; Beth Reynolds and Erika Lundy, extension beef specialists|
|Experienced Graziers Producer Panel – Dave Petty, producer; Randy Gamble, producer; Colin Geppert, Millborn Seeds|
|12:00 pm||Lunch (provided) - Story County Cattlemen|
|Answers to Your Fencing Law Questions – Kitt Tovar Jensen, Center for Agricultural Law and Taxation, Iowa State University|
Groups 1 and 2 rotate tours for the afternoon.
|3:45 Pm||Closing remarks|
Thursday, June 17, 2021
Registration check-in 8:30 aM.
Program begins at 9:00 aM and concludes at 4:00 pM.
Iowa State University Beef Teaching Farm
3725 520th Ave
Ames, Iowa 50014
Parking is available on-site. Please follow signs when you reach the farm.
$0 There is no cost to attend.
Registration deadline is midnight June 15, 2021
Mail or phone registrations are not accepted.
For assistance with registration, receipts, cancellation or questions on the status of your registration please contact ANR Program Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pre-registration is required to attend this event. Registration deadline is midnight, June 15, 2021.
- To cancel a registration email email@example.com prior to the start of the course.
- Confirmation of registration is sent via email. Please provide a valid email address when registering.
- Registration includes lunch and refreshments.