ISU Horticulture Research Station | August 12, 2013
The ISU Department of Horticulture in partnership with Practical Farmers of Iowa, Iowa Fruit and Vegetable Growers Association and the Leopold Center for Sustainable Agriculture presents the 2013 Fruit and Vegetable Field Day at the Horticulture Research Station in Ames Iowa.
The educational program targets fruit and vegetable growers and is set for Monday, August 12, 2013 with registration opening at 1:30 and the program at 2:00. The Field Day features research-based information on a variety of topics in fruit and vegetable production and the opportunity for real-time assessment of ongoing research in the area of fruit and vegetable production. Although geared towards commercial production the event would also be beneficial to small scale growers, master gardeners, and home owners who are interested in enhancing their production skills and diversifying their gardens and acreages.
Welcome and introductions- Jeff Iles, chair, Department of Horticulture
Comments from John Lawrence, director, Agriculture and Natural Resources Extension and associate dean, College of Agricuture and Life Sciences.
Presentation honoring Dr. Paul Domoto for his exceptional service to the fruit industry in Iowa.
|2:30||Program begins - general session at farm headquarters building|
|4:00||Farm tours begin. Wagons will rotate through all stops.|
* topics are subject to change based on growing conditions, unavoidable speaker conflicts, or research protocols. Additions or substitutions may be made.
Dinner (provided) and discussions/social time
Presenters will be available for questions and additional discussion. Attendees are encouraged and welcome to stay and socialize with fellow growers.
|7:30||Field day concludes|
The Field Day will be held at the Iowa State University Horticulture Research Station, 55519 170th Street, Ames, Iowa. Google map link
- Early registration (prior to midnight, August 5) - $25
- Late registration or at-the-gate - $35
- Cash or check payment only at the field day location. Credit card payment cannot be accepted at the gate.
- University intramurals will be accepted for registration. Please submit signed intramural with completed registration form. Please list “ISU Extension” as the selling department.
- Cancellations requesting a refund must be received by midnight, August 5 to receive a full refund. No refunds will be issued after this date. Please email email@example.com or call (515) 294-6429 with your cancellation. If you cannot attend you may send a substitute in your place.
- Telephone registrations are not accepted. Registration must be completed online in advance or at the gate the day of the program.
- Registration includes dinner, refreshment breaks, and abstracts of ongoing research projects.