June 26, 2014
Scheman Building, Ames, Iowa
Registration and refreshments 7:30 am
Program 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Leading experts focusing on topics vital to today’s pork industry.
Plenary session presentations
- Iowa pork industry by the numbers – How the pork industry contributes to Iowa’s agriculture and economy
Dr. John Lawrence, Iowa State University, Ames, IA
- Understanding our Global Competition: China, Russia and Brazil
Laurie Huenke, National Pork Producers Council
- Antibiotics Used in Animals Raised for Food: Perception vs. Reality
Richard Raymond, former Undersecretary of Food Safety
- Animal Welfare: Expectations of the Marketplace
Dr. Justin Ransom, Sr. Director, Quality Systems, U.S. Supply Chain Management, McDonald’s USA LLC
Afternoon concurrent sessions
Each track topic will feature multiple speakers. Attendees are free to move between sessions, selecting topics of their choice. Please visit the program page for topic details and a schedule grid.
- PEDv, Health and Biosecurity
- Maintaining our Social License to Produce Food
- New research results from Iowa State University
This program has been approved for 6 CEUs by ARPAS.
The program has been approved for 2 scientific and 4 managment CEUs by the Iowa Board of Veterinary Medicine.