June 27, 2013 | Scheman Building, ISU Campus, Ames, Iowa
Leading experts focusing on topics vital to today’s pork industry.
Plenary session presentations
- The animal rights agenda and animal agriculture
Mr. Rick Berman, Berman and Company, Washington, D.C.
- Global success in swine production tomorrow – what will it take
Dr. Bjorne Pedersen, Denmark
- The impact of disease on grow-finisher pig digestibility, metabolism and tissue accretion
Dr. Nick Gabler, Department of Animal Science, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa
- Employee engagement and productivity
Dr. Sarah Probst Miller, AgCreate Solutions, Inc., Monticello, Illinois
Each breakout topic will feature multiple speakers.
- Sustaining the global competitiveness of the American pork industry.
- Utilizing human resources most effectively in pork production.
- New research results from Iowa State University.
This program has been approved by the Iowa Board of Veterinary Medicine for 2 scientific credits and 4 management credits.
Registration is now open. Register by midnight, June 14, 2013 to save $20.
Lauren Christian Pork Chop Open
This year's golf tournament is scheduled for June 26, the day prior to Iowa Swine Day. For additional information about the event and registration directions, please use these links: press release | registration form. Registration for this event is separate from Iowa Swine Day.