June 26, 2014
Scheman Building, Ames, Iowa
Registration and refreshments 7:30 am
Program 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Leading experts focusing on topics vital to today’s pork industry.
Plenary session presentations
- Understanding our Global Competition: China, Russia and Brazil
Dr. Dermot Hayes, Iowa State University, Ames, IA
- Statistical Perspective of the Iowa Pork Industry – A Holistic Overview of How the Pork Industry Contributes to Iowa Agriculture and to the Iowa Economy as a Whole
Dr. John Lawrence, Iowa State University, Ames, IA
- Antibiotics Used in Animals Raised for Food: Perception vs. Reality
Richard Raymond, former Undersecretary of Food Safety
- Animal Welfare: Expectations of the Marketplace
Dr. Justin Ransom, Sr. Director, Quality Systems, U.S. Supply Chain Management, McDonald’s USA LLC
Each breakout topic will feature multiple speakers. Attendees are free to move between sessions, selecting topics of their choice.
- PEDv, Health and Biosecurity
- Maintaining our Social License to Produce Food
- New research results from Iowa State University
This program will be submitted to the Iowa Board of Veterinary Medicine for continuing education credits. Credit offerings will be announced after approval is received.