Our Watershed, Our Community
March 21-22, 2018
Scheman Building, Iowa State Center
The Iowa Water Conference is the largest outreach and collaboration effort of the Iowa Water Center and is designed to bring together multi-disciplinary organizations and institutions to discuss relevant water issues across Iowa. The inaugural event in 2006 combined several existing conferences with the purpose of coordinating research and management efforts. Today’s conference draws nearly 400 attendees and still strives to encompass the whole of Iowa’s water landscape including expanding into realms of education and outreach, conservation, policy and regulations.
Through general and concurrent sessions, conference goers will explore current trends across water resource management in both urban and rural landscapes, with a particular emphasis on the interconnected nature of our water resources, and the opportunities this offers for collaboration.
The conference also offers sessions for research and educational posters from water professionals, as well as a poster competition for students.
Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship, Iowa Department of Natural Resources, Iowa Flood Center, Iowa Floodplain and Stormwater Management Association, Iowa State University Extension and Outreach, Iowa Storm Water Education Partnership, Leopold Center for Sustainable Agriculture, Luther College, Natural Resources Conservation Service, Trees Forever and the U.S. Geological Survey -- Iowa Water Science Center.
- FYRA Engineering
- Houston Engineering, Inc
- Dave's Dozing and Excavating
- Agri Drain Corporation
- Beck Engineering, Inc
- Bio Clean, a Forterra Company
- Bolton & Menk, Inc.
- EOR Iowa, LLC
- Iowa Limestone Producers Association
- JEO Consulting Group, Inc.
- LT Leon Associates, Inc
- Quick Supply Company
- RDG Planning and Design
- Roof Top Sedums LLC
- English River Watershed Mgmt Authority
- Good Neighbor Iowa
- IDALS - Division of Soil and Water Quality
- Iowa Agricultural Mitigation Bank
- Iowa Association of Water Agencies
- Iowa Environmental Council
- Iowa Environmental Health Assoc.
- Iowa Flood Center
- Iowa Floodplain and Stormwater Management Association
- Iowa SARE
- Iowa Stormwater Education Partnership
- Iowa Water Center
- Iowa Watershed Approach
- Iowa's Water & Land Legacy Coalition
- Rathbun Land and Water Alliance
- Southfork Watershed Alliance
- State Revolving Fund - Iowa Department of Natural Resources
- The Nature Conservancy
- Trees Forever
- U.S. Geological Survey
- Women, Food & Ag Network