Awards and Contests
2019 Iowa Water Conference
Show us what inspires you about water.
The Iowa Water Center, in partnership with the Iowa Stormwater Education Partnership, holds an annual photo contest in conjunction with the Iowa Water Conference.
Awards: 1st place: $75 • 2nd place: $50 • 3rd place: $25
Photo Contest Rules
- Each photographer can enter two (2) photos that must contain a natural water component and can include people and wildlife.
- Include a title for the picture, the location where it was taken, the name of the photographer along with their contact information such as address, phone number and email.
- All photos need to be 8”x 10” in size and mounted on 1/8” thick foam core board. In addition to a physical copy, please send an electronic version to firstname.lastname@example.org so we may display all photo entries on a slide show presentation during the conference.
- Please pick up photos at the end of the conference. Otherwise they will not be returned. They may used for educational purposes in any ISWEP or Rainscaping Iowa publications—credit and notification will be given to the artist.
- Please mail photo entries by March 6, 2019 to Pat Sauer, 5215 Maryland St., Ames, IA 50014.
- Winners will be announced during lunch on March 13, 2019
Recognizing outstanding performance related to urban watershed protection and improvement of water quality in Iowa.
Jurisdiction (City, County etc.): This award is given to a jurisdiction or group that has implemented Green Infrastructure and resource conservation policies, programs or projects.
Development: This award is given to a development that successfully protects water quality through the use of Green Infrastructure and resource conservation practices.
Outstanding Partner Award: This award is given to an individual, group, or agency that has successfully leveraged their resources in partnership with other entities in the State of Iowa to protect and improve water quality through the use and promotion of Green Infrastructure.
Please send all completed nomination forms and pictures via email to Pat Sauer at the Iowa Stormwater Education Partnership (ISWEP) email@example.com by February 22, 2019.
The Awardee will be selected and notified by the conference planning committee and presented with the award at the Iowa Water Conference on March 12-13, 2019.PDF form Word document