2019 Iowa Water Conference
Show us what inspires you about water.
The Iowa Water Center, in partnership with the Iowa Stormwater Education Partnership, holds an annual photo contest in conjunction with the Iowa Water Conference. The 2019 contest will open in January with conference registration.
Awards: 1st place: $75 • 2nd place: $50 • 3rd place: $25
Photo Contest Rules
- Each photographer can enter two (2) photos that must contain a water component such as a lake, river, wetland, stormwater runoff, precipitation, and/or a related conservation practice.
- Include a title or name of the picture and the location, time and name of the photographer along with your contact information such as address, phone number and email.
- All photos need to be at least 8”x 10” in size and mounted on 1/8” thick foam core board with a border left around the picture. In addition to a physical copy, if you have the photo in a .jpeg, please email it to email@example.com so we may display all photo entries on a slide show presentation during the conference.
- Photos can be in color or black and white.
- Photos will not be returned unless requested— they may be used for educational purposes in any ISWEP or Rainscaping Iowa publication—credit and notification will be given to the artist.
- Winners will be announced at the conference during an awards session.
- you must be a registered attendee at the conference to enter.
Recognizing outstanding performance related to urban watershed protection and improvement of water quality in Iowa.
Jurisdiction (City, County etc.): This award is given to a jurisdiction or group that has implemented Green Infrastructure and resource conservation policies, programs or projects.
Development: This award is given to a development that successfully protects water quality through the use of Green Infrastructure and resource conservation practices.
Outstanding Partner Award: This award is given to an individual, group, or agency that has successfully leveraged their resources in partnership with other entities in the State of Iowa to protect and improve water quality through the use and promotion of Green Infrastructure.
The Awardee will be selected and notified by the conference planning committee and presented with the award at the Iowa Water Conference on March 12-13, 2019.