Show us what inspires you about water.
The Iowa Water Center, in partnership with the Iowa Stormwater Education Partnership, holds an annual photo contest in conjunction with the Iowa Water Conference. The 2018 contest is now open.
Theme: Ecological communities in an aquatic environment– images that demonstrate a group of plant and animal species cohabitating in the same space.
Deadline: March 10, 2018
Prizes: 1st place: $75 • 2nd place: $50 • 3rd place: $25
Rules and submission guidelines can be found here.
Photo Contest Rules
- Each photographer can enter two (2) photos that must contain a water component such as a lake, river, wetland, stormwater runoff, precipitation, and/or a related conservation practice.
- Include a title or name of the picture and the location, time and name of the photographer along with your contact information such as address, phone number and email.
- All photos need to be at least 8”x 10” in size and mounted on 1/8” thick foam core board with a border left around the picture. In addition to a physical copy, if you have the photo in a .jpeg, please email it to email@example.com so we may display all photo entries on a slide show presentation during the conference.
- Photos can be in color or black and white.
- Photos will not be returned unless requested— they may be used for educational purposes in any ISWEP or Rainscaping Iowa publication—credit and notification will be given to the artist.
- Send all photo entries by March 10, 2018 to Pat Sauer, 5215 Maryland St., Ames, IA 50014.
- Winners will be announced during an awards session on March 21-22, 2018 and you must be a registered attendee at the conference to qualify.
Download the contest form.