March 19-20, 2013 | Scheman Building | Ames, Iowa
National speakers sharing their experience and expertise.
Local hard-working heroes who are changing the face of the local food scene.
Information that will help you begin a new project, elevate a project to the next step, locate a new partner, learn about funding, or develop measurable outcomes to share with others about the benefits of the work you are doing!
- John O’Sullivan, North Carolina 10% Campaign
- Anupama Joshi, National Farm to School Network
- Diane Endicott, Good Natured Family Farms
- Susan Futrell, Red Tomato (Boston)
- Promote the expansion of the production of local foods.
- Increase consumer and institutional spending on Iowa-produced and marketed foods.
- Increase the profit to farmers and businesses engaged in local foods.
- Increase the number of jobs associated with a vibrant local food system.
Join us for workshops where you will have plenty of time to learn what’s happening with local foods from three different avenues: business, food incentives (Farm to School and Farm to Institution) and beginning and minority farmers, and to share your own expertise. Visit the exhibits, network with others and enjoy locally sourced meals prepared by ISU Dining!