Soil Fertility and Nutrient Management Short Course
February 19-20, 2019 | Ames, Iowa
An in-depth two-day course focused on understanding the principles of soils, soil fertility, and nutrient management for Iowa crop production.
- Iowa soils and soil properties
- Soil sampling and testing
- Cation exchange
- Soil pH and liming
- Essential plant nutrients
- Secondary and micronutrients
- N management and products
- Soil N dynamics, crop uptake, and diagnostic tools
- P and K management
- Environmental P and the Iowa P-Index
- Site-specific management
- Manure management
11.5 nutrient management and 1.0 soil and water management continuing education credits for Certified Crop Advisers will be available for this course, subject to CCA board approval. Iowa State University reserves the right to adjust credits based on approval or unavoidable speaker or agenda modifications.
The program for the 2019 course is currently in development. As a reference, the curriculum for last year's course is linked below.
February 19-20, 2019
Registration check-in 8:30 AM, February 19.
Program begins at 9:00 AM February 19 and concludes at 4:00 PM on February 20.
Hilton Garden Inn
1325 Dickinson Ave
Ames, IA 50014
Course registration, prior to midnight, February 11, 2019
Registration includes lunches, refreshment breaks and course reference binder.
Lodging is not included with course registration and is the responsibility of the attendee. A block of rooms will be available at the Hilton Garden Inn for this course. Additional details on reserving rooms will be posted in December.
- Pre-registration is required to attend this course. Registrations must be received prior to midnight, February 11, 2019.
- Class size is limited to 40 and pre-registration is required to attend. Registrations accepted on a first-come, first-paid basis. Registration will be closed if the course reaches capacity.
- Requests for refunds must be received prior to midnight, February 11, 2019. Substitutions will be allowed.
- Confirmation of registration is sent via email. Please provide a valid email address when registering