Women Marketing Grain
November 13, November 20, November 27 and December 4, 2018 | Nashua, Iowa
A four-session course to assist women in developing a plan for marketing corn and soybeans.
What is the Women Marketing Grain course?
With unpredictable crop prices and tight margins, marketing can make the difference in the profitability
of corn and soybean production. How well farmers get paid for a year’s worth of work can be wrapped up in just a few marketing decisions. In this course, women will learn how to manage price risk using tools like forward contracts, futures and options contracts, alternative marketing contracts, and crop insurance. Participants will work in a computer lab to access online decision tools and to develop a marketing plan. Women will learn market strategies and how to stay on track for long term marketing success.
- Identifying crop prices and marketing costs
Women Marketing Grain is interesting and fun!
- Topics of importance to your future in farming
- Brief presentations and extended discussions
- Practical hands-on activities
- Decision making resources available to you
- Comfortable and supportive learning environment
- Networking with other farm women
November 13, November 20, November 27 and December 4, 2018
Meal and program begin at 5:30 PM.
Program concludes at 8:00 PM.
Borlaug Learning Center
Northeast Research and Demonstration Farm
3327 290th St
Registration, prior to midnight November 6, 2018
Registration includes meal and course materials.
- Registration deadline is midnight, November 6, 2018. Pre-registration is required.
- Class size is limited and pre-registration is required to attend. Registrations accepted on a first-come, first-paid basis.
- Confirmation of registration is sent via email. Please provide a valid email address when registering
- To cancel your registration, or for assistance with registration, receipts, or questions on the status of your registration contact Program Services at (515) 294-6429 or firstname.lastname@example.org.