Women Managing Horses
November 14, November 21, December 5 and December 12, 2019 | Clarion, Iowa
A four-session course focusing on equine management decisions.
Course participants now have the option of joining the course via internet live stream. Please indicate which option you are taking during registration. Connection details and course materials will be provided prior to the first meeting.
What is Women Managing Horses?
This course offers women an opportunity to learn more about Iowa’s equine industry from a business and production perspective. The USDA 2017 Census of Agriculture reported nearly 55,000 horses, ponies, mules and donkeys on more than 9,000 farms in Iowa. The state’s total sales of equine was $19.7 million, ranking Iowa 11th in the nation.
As horse owners and business managers, women make important decisions about the equine in their care. Horses, ponies, mules, and donkeys are an important part of Iowa’s agricultural economy and landscape.
Sessions cover financial documentation and breakeven analysis, equine insurance, annual horse health care plans, evaluation of feed rations, marketing your equine business, environmental management, and land use decisions.
- Costs of production
- Topics of importance to your future in farming
- Brief presentations and extended discussion with ag professionals
- Practical hands-on activities
- Decision making resources available to you
- Networking with other horse women
November 14, November 21, December 5 and December 12, 2019
Meal 5:30 PM.
Program begins at 6:00 PM and concludes at 9:00 PM.
Wright County Extension and Outreach
210 1st St SW
Clarion, Iowa 50525
Registration, prior to midnight, November 12, 2019
During registration please indicate if you will be attending the course in Clarion or via internet live stream.
Registration includes meal and course materials.
- Registration deadline is
midnight, November 7, 2019extended to midnight, November 12, 2019. Pre-registration is required.
- Class size is limited and pre-registration is required to attend. Registrations accepted on a first-come, first-paid basis.
- Confirmation of registration is sent via email. Please provide a valid email address when registering
- To cancel your registration, or for assistance with registration, receipts, or questions on the status of your registration contact Program Services at (515) 294-6429 or firstname.lastname@example.org.