Heartbeat of the Farm: Human Resources
April 9, April 16, April 23 and April 30, 2019 | Fairfield, Iowa
A four session course designed to give women strategies for effectively working with family and employees.
What is Heartbeat of the Farm: Human Resources?
The heartbeat of every farm business is the people involved. This course is designed to empower farm women to improve working relationships with both family and non-family partners and employees. Women will become more knowledgeable on effective strategies to manage human resources in the areas of employee supply, recruitment and law; family and farm business communication; employee supervision and retention; and health, stress and well-being. The course is taught in the tradition of Annie’s Project and incorporates a comfortable and supportive learning environment.
- Employee Supply, Recruitment, and Law
- Strategies for identifying labor needs
- Hiring and terminating
- Legal, tax and accounting requirements
- Family and Business Communication
- Strategies for sharing farm business goals
- Managing interpersonal conflict
- Conducting farm business meetings
- Employee Supervision and Retention
- Strategies for clarifying expectations
- Training family or non-family on job tasks
- Evaluating employees and increasing job satisfaction
- Health, Stress, and Well-being
- Strategies for balancing personal and work energy
- Increasing farm safety
- Planning for continuity if one or more key persons is lost
- Topics of importance to your future in farming
- Brief presentations and extended discussions
- Practical hands-on activities
- Decision making resources available to you
- Comfortable and supportive learning environment
- Networking with other farm women
April 9, April 16, April 23 and April 30, 2019
Meal and registration at 5:30 PM.
Program 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
Jefferson County Extension and Outreach
2606 West Burlington Ave
Registration, prior to midnight April 2, 2019
Registration includes meal and course materials.
- Registration deadline is midnight, April 2, 2019. Pre-registration is required.
- Class size is limited and pre-registration is required to attend. Registrations accepted on a first-come, first-paid basis.
- Confirmation of registration is sent via email. Please provide a valid email address when registering
- To cancel your registration, or for assistance with registration, receipts, or questions on the status of your registration contact Program Services at (515) 294-6429 or firstname.lastname@example.org.