Women Marketing Grain
February 19, February 21, February 26 and February 28, 2019 | Washington, Iowa
A four-session course to assist women in developing a plan for marketing corn and soybeans.
What is the Women Marketing Grain course?
With unpredictable crop prices and tight margins, marketing can make the difference in the profitability
of corn and soybean production. How well farmers get paid for a year’s worth of work can be wrapped up in just a few marketing decisions. In this course, women will learn how to manage price risk using tools like forward contracts, futures and options contracts, alternative marketing contracts, and crop insurance. Participants will work in a computer lab to access online decision tools and to develop a marketing plan. Women will learn market strategies and how to stay on track for long term marketing success.
- Identifying crop prices and marketing costs
Women Marketing Grain is interesting and fun!
- Topics of importance to your future in farming
- Brief presentations and extended discussions
- Practical hands-on activities
- Decision making resources available to you
- Comfortable and supportive learning environment
- Networking with other farm women
February 19, February 21, February 26 and February 28, 2019
Meal and registration at 5:30 PM.
Program 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
Washington County Extension and Outreach
2223 250th St
Registration, prior to midnight February 12, 2019
Registration includes meal and course materials.
- Registration deadline is midnight, February 12, 2019. Pre-registration is required.
- Class size is limited and pre-registration is required to attend. Registrations accepted on a first-come, first-paid basis.
- Confirmation of registration is sent via email. Please provide a valid email address when registering
- To cancel your registration, or for assistance with registration, receipts, or questions on the status of your registration contact Program Services at (515) 294-6429 or email@example.com.