Managing for Today and Tomorrow
March 8, March 15, March 22, March 29 and April 5, 2021 | Donnellson, Iowa
A five-session course on passing down the farm through business, estate, retirement and succession planning.
What is the Managing for Today and Tomorrow: Farm Transition Planning?
The decisions made during business, estate, retirement and succession planning are combined to form a farm transition plan. Planning ensures the farm can continue to the next generation as a productive agricultural business. This course is taught in the tradition of Annie’s Project and incorporates a comfortable and supportive learning environment. Course participants of all ages and experience levels will be empowered to confidently set goals, nurture effective family or non-family conversations, and define the farm legacy.
- Personal and farm business finances
- Describing farm transition goals and strategies
- Estate planning terms, concepts and tools
- Assembling necessary information
- Strategies for transferring assets
- Sources of retirement income
- Planning for a productive and enjoyable time in life
- How to have essential conversations
- Differentiating between fair and equal
- Strategies for transferring management
- Topics of importance to your future in farming
- Brief presentations and extended discussions
- Practical hands-on activities
- Decision making resources available to you
- Comfortable and supportive learning environment
- Networking with other farm women
March 8, March 15, March 22, March 29 and April 5, 2021
Meal and registration at 5:30 pm.
Program 6:00 pM to 9:00 pM.
Lee County Extension and Outreach
414 N Main St
Donnellson, IA 52625
Registration, prior to midnight March 1, 2021
Lee County residents will receive a registration scholarship of $75.00 for attending all five classes. Lee County residents should contact the Lee County Extension Office at 319-835-5116 prior to registering.
Registration includes meal and course materials.
- Registration deadline is midnight, March 1, 2021. Pre-registration is required.
- Class size is limited and pre-registration is required to attend. Registrations accepted on a first-come, first-paid basis.
- Confirmation of registration is sent via email. Please provide a valid email address when registering
- To cancel your registration, or for assistance with registration, receipts, or questions on the status of your registration contact Program Services at (515) 294-6429 or email@example.com.