Women Managing Farm Finances
April 1, April 8, April 15 and April 22, 2021 | Mt Pleasant, Iowa
What is the Women Managing Farm Finances course?
In today’s challenging farm economy, it is essential to understand farm finances. How well the farm finances are managed significantly impacts both the profitability of the farm business and the well-being of the farm family.
More than half (53.2 percent) of Iowa farms have one or more women producers. Across Iowa, these women and their partners manage 45,786 farms with more than 14 million acres of land. They annually market nearly $13 billion in livestock and crops which cost more than $10 billion to produce, according to the 2017 USDA Census of Agriculture.
Women Managing Farm Finances incorporates interactive learning while allowing time for discussion. Sessions cover financial documentation, cash flow requirements, and accounting needs. Class participants will learn how to assess the financial performance of their farm business.
- Farm financial statements
Women Managing Farm Finances is interesting and fun!
- Topics of importance to your future in farming
- Brief presentations and extended discussions
- Practical hands-on activities
- Decision making resources available to you
- Comfortable and supportive learning environment
- Networking with other farm women
April 1, April 8, April 15 and April 22, 2021
A light meal will be served at 5:30 pm. Class begins at 6:00 pM and concludes at 9:00 PM.
Henry County Extension
127 N Main St
Mt Pleasant, IA 52641
Registration, prior to midnight, March 25, 2021
Registration includes meal and course materials.
- Registration deadline is midnight, March 25, 2021. Pre-registration is required.
- Class size is limited and pre-registration is required to attend. Registrations accepted on a first-come, first-paid basis.
- Confirmation of registration is sent via email. Please provide a valid email address when registering
- To cancel your registration, or for assistance with registration, receipts, or questions on the status of your registration contact Program Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.