This event will be a company-neutral (not focused on one particular equipment brand) learning opportunity to help you continue to better understand and optimize your planting setup. The focus won't be on telling you what settings you should be running, but rather the theory behind planting equipment and new planting technology allowing you to evaluate and identify the right setting for you, your seed, your field, and your equipment setup. Registration is limited to allow for hands on demonstrations with both high speed and traditional row unit demo stands.
- Gain a better understanding of how planter downforce systems function. Understand their theory of operation, limitations, and considerations for making adjustments in the field.
- Understand differences in how high speed planters should be set compared to conventional planters to obtain maximum performance at high speeds.
- Gain confidence in evaluating wear components on your planter and when to replace them. Understand how to check, adjust and/or calibrate your row units for proper seeding depth.
- Gain insights into how your seedbed conditions and preparation impacts planter row unit performance.
- Better understand what data planters today can generate and how to better utilize it on your farming operation.
Who should attend?
- Farmers interested in continuing to learn about and optimize their current planter or farmers who are considering upgrading planters in the future.
- Farmers with high speed planters interested in continuing to refine how the set their planter to optimize performance.
- Crop input dealers or other service providers that depend on proper seed planting to ensure performance of their products.
- Equipment or precision ag dealers and technicians interested in continuing to broaden their knowledge and understanding of how planters function and the agronomic implications associated with planting.
|8:30 am||Registration check-in opens, morning refreshments|
|9:00||Welcome and introductions|
|9:10||Review of 2022 conditions and improving for 2023|
|9:30||Basics of planter downforce|
Rotation 1 - divide into 2 groups
|12:15 pm||How to setup and document field trials for planter attachments or other agronomic factors
|1:00||Rotation 2 - groups switch to 2nd topic from 10:30 session.|
|2:15||Review key concepts of the day and final questions.|
Planter University registration is $85 and includes lunch, breaks, reference materials, seed depth tool and closing wheel hold up bracket.
Class size is limited and registration will close when a location reaches capacity. Early registration is encouraged.