Advanced Grain Marketing for Women
June 2, June 9, June 16 and June 23, 2022 | Creston, Iowa
A course to assist women in better understanding options trading and marketing strategies.
What is the Advanced Grain Marketing for Women course?
As farmers work to manage price risk in uncertain times, more Iowa women are taking on the challenge of improving grain prices. Advanced Grain Marketing for Women offers insights into options trading for grain and livestock producers. Women will benefit from understanding the role farmer-owned cooperatives, grain merchandisers, and brokers have and the services they offer related to options trading. Participants will learn how and why options are traded for commodity grain as well as the pros and cons of different marketing strategies. Learning about the relationship between options trading and crop insurance can help women create value for their farm business and help them to improve overall economic conditions in Iowa.
Participants will learn more about:
- Introduction to options
Advanced Grain Marketing for Women is interesting and fun!
- Topics of importance to your future in farming
- Brief presentations and extended discussions
- Practical hands-on activities
- Decision making resources available to you
- Comfortable and supportive learning environment
- Networking with other farm women
June 2, June 9, June 16 and June 23, 2022
Meal 6:00 PM.
Program begins at 6:30 PM and concludes at 9:00 PM.
Union County Extension and Outreach
500 E Taylor, Ste A
Creston, Iowa 50801
Registration, prior to midnight May 26, 2022
Registration includes meal and course materials.
- Registration deadline is midnight, May 26, 2022.
- Class size is limited and pre-registration is required to attend. Registrations accepted on a first-come, first-paid basis.
- Confirmation of registration is sent via email. Please provide a valid email address when registering
- To cancel your registration, or for assistance with registration, receipts, or questions on the status of your registration contact Program Services at (515) 294-6429 or firstname.lastname@example.org.