Women Planning Ag Businesses
January 25, February 1, February 8, February 15 and February 22, 2022 | Edgewood, IA
A multi-session course to help you plan and document ideas for new or expanding businesses.
What is Women Planning Ag Businesses?
Thoughtful planning improves business success.This course is for women interested in exploring, starting, or expanding a farm or rural business. It offers a step-by- step approach for developing business plans for local foods, family farm growth or transition, rural businesses such as arts, sales, or transportation, and more.The course includes four in-person sessions and four online sessions. In-person sessions may be attended online if preferred or necessary.The course covers production methods, new markets, job descriptions, cash flow and other topics important to building a profitable business. Women will access valuable resources and support while writing their personal business plan.
- Designing the Opportunity
- Producing Goods or Services
- Marketing the Business
- Creating an Overall Strategy
- Taught in the tradition of Annie’s Project
- Topics of importance to your future in farming
- Brief presentations and extended discussions with ag professionals
- Practical hands-on activities
- Decision making resources available to you
- Networking with other farm women
January 25, February 1, February 8, February 15 and February 22, 2022
Program begins at 9:00 aM and concludes at 12:00 PM. A light meal is served at 12:00 PM.
Woods Edge Golf Course - upstairs
504 W Union St
Edgewood, Iowa 52042
Registration, prior to midnight, January 18, 2022
Registration includes course materials and light lunch.
- Registration deadline is midnight, January 18, 2022.
- Class size is limited and pre-registration is required to attend. Registrations accepted on a first-come, first-paid basis.
- Confirmation of registration is sent via email. Please provide a valid email address when registering
- To cancel your registration, or for assistance with registration, receipts, or questions on the status of your registration contact Program Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.