Managing for Today and Tomorrow
January 27, February 3, February 10, February 17 and February 24, 2022 | West Burlington and Mt Pleasant, Iowa
A five-session course on passing down the farm through business, estate, retirement and succession planning.
What is the Managing for Today and Tomorrow: Farm Transition Planning?
The decisions made during business, estate, retirement and succession planning are combined to form a farm transition plan. Planning ensures the farm can continue to the next generation as a productive agricultural business. This course is taught in the tradition of Annie’s Project and incorporates a comfortable and supportive learning environment. Course participants of all ages and experience levels will be empowered to confidently set goals, nurture effective family or non-family conversations, and define the farm legacy.
- Personal and farm business finances
- Describing farm transition goals and strategies
- Estate planning terms, concepts and tools
- Assembling necessary information
- Strategies for transferring assets
- Sources of retirement income
- Planning for a productive and enjoyable time in life
- How to have essential conversations
- Differentiating between fair and equal
- Strategies for transferring management
- Topics of importance to your future in farming
- Brief presentations and extended discussions
- Practical hands-on activities
- Decision making resources available to you
- Comfortable and supportive learning environment
- Networking with other farm women
January 27, February 3, February 10, February 17 and February 24, 2022
Meal and registration at 5:30 pm.
Program 6:00 pM to 9:00 pM.
January 27, February 10 and February 24
Des Moines County Extension and Outreach
1700 W Mt Pleasant St
West Burlington, IA 52655
February 3 and February 17
Henry County Extension and Outreach
127 N Main St
Mt Pleasant, IA 52641
Registration, prior to midnight January 20, 2022
Registration includes meals and course materials.
- Registration deadline is midnight, January 20, 2022. Pre-registration is required.
- Class size is limited and pre-registration is required to attend. Registrations accepted on a first-come, first-paid basis.
- Confirmation of registration is sent via email. Please provide a valid email address when registering
- To cancel your registration, or for assistance with registration, receipts, or questions on the status of your registration contact Program Services at (515) 294-6429 or firstname.lastname@example.org.